Re: Time on Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 05:56:03 +0200

Joel Taqueban wrote:

> Henrik, I'm sorry but I did change the UTC time to local time ( using %t )
> but still I keep on getting the UTC time.

Is the timezone set when Squid starts? Try starting it manually from the
command line.

And if you hacked the sources (which is not neccesary), are you 100%
sure you run a binary with your change in it? It is very easy to see if
you managed to get your Squid to use %t instead of %T. The look of the
dates are very different.

%T: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 03:27:17 GMT
%t: 08/Apr/1999:05:27:17 +0200

The reason to this is that %T uses rfc1123 date format while %t uses
common log format date which defaults to local time.

It is left as an exercise to the interested to change %t into something
more human readable. (another date formatting routine is needed).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker