Re: Most stable non-mem-leaking squid?

From: Jeff Barrow <jeffb-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 14:37:09 -0500

> I have the first two applied. I don't think event-leak was there 2 weeks
> ago. I'll apply it today and let everyone know what happens.

It wasn't, but that last patch is what fixed the memory leak that my
transparent Linux cache was having (The process is now using 10 meg of
memory, and has been for 3 days now... this is a dummy redirector cache (1
meg cache directory, and configured to not cache ANYTHING into it besides
the icons). It was growing to about 27 meg, which exhuasted the memory in
that machine and slowed it to a crawl.

There is still one memory leak not on NLANR's site, which effects sites
using IPF_TRANSPARENT, which there is a patch out somewhere for. (It was
posted to this list)

Good luck!

--Jeff Barrow, Internet Connections, Inc., Hot Springs, AR