Re: How to force the POST request to pass thro' the parent proxy server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 10:56:01 +0200

Ken Lau wrote:

> The version of my squid is 1.1.9. It has the tag passthrough_proxy,
> but does not have prefer_direct. I found that the passthrough_proxy cannot
> function as it is in 1.1.9.

Squid 1.X is no longer supported, and haven't been for close to a year
now. And Squid-1.1.9 is way old for being a Squid-1.x release.

> In which version of squid can I find prefer_direct? Is there something
> that I have to specify in compiling to make the tag, prefer_direct, as one
> of the tags that I can see in the squid.conf file?

Any Squid 2.X release.

For Squid-1.X your only choice is to use inside_firewall to force Squid
to use parents for every request outside your local network(s). The main
problem with that approach is that if the parent fails then your Squid
will fail as well.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker