dnsserver stats in cachemgr.cgi ...

From: Marc G. Fournier <marc.fournier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 08:57:23 -0300 (ADT)

Is this odd:

Dnsserver Statistics:
number running: 5 of 5
requests sent: 1760
replies received: 1760
queue length: 0
avg service time: 2 msec

#FD #Requests Flags Time Offset
1 7 548 A 48.474 0
2 8 2 A 47329.212 0
3 9 0 A 0.000 0
4 10 0 A 0.000 0
5 13 0 A 0.000 0

Okay, I understand that I have 5 servers configured in...I take it that
1760 means only that many distinct sites have been 'visited' through the
squid server since it was started? does that number ever 'reset', or only
when the squid server is restarted?

The one that confuses me is the 'time' used by #2 for 2 requests vs that
used for 1...I would have expected 1 to be the higher of the two, no? or
is this perfectly normal?

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier@acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"