New Installation has no erros but is not working

From: Anthony L. Sollars <sollarsa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:56:49 -0800

Dear all,

        Hello, I am fairly new to Squid, but have been doing a lot of reading
on the subject. I have set it up and have it running with no apparent
errors at all. It is running on a REDHAT Linux 6.0 box. My problem is
whenever I configure netscape 4.7 correctly, using the squid box's IP
address and port 3182, netscape just times out and says "There is no
response. The server could be down or is not responding". Standard error
for netscape being unable to connect. I still see no errors in the log
files after trying this. Does Squid require Linux's DNS system to be
configured and running, because current;y I do not have this setup for
we use a different dns server. Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,

 Anthony L. Sollars
 Technology Coordinator/Computer Teacher
 Star of the Sea School
 1411 Grand Avenue Astoria, Or 97103
 (503) 325-3771
 sollarsa@starofthesea.pvt.k12.or.us
 http://www.starofthesea.pvt.k12.or.us

--Never Argue with a Fool,.
--They bring you down to their level and beat you with Experience.