Re: squid 2.2STABLE4 stops

From: Brian Johnson <bmj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:34:44 -0500

Dave J Woolley wrote:

> > From: Anna Savarino [SMTP:asavarino@jacobacciperani.com]
> >
> > These are my logs.....but I'm not able to understand them.
> >
> > 21 12:08:16| Preparing for shutdown after 3578 requests
> >
> This is a normal, controlled, manual shutdown!!

a hacker in the system, or perhaps another program sending signals to
squid for some reason??

if you can't find the source of the problem, at least a temporary fix
would be to use the supervise program in the daemontools package:
http://pobox.com/~djb/daemontools.html that should keep squid running
for you until you can find the source for it and fix it right..