Re: Telstra says "(squid infrastructure) not Y2K ready"

From: Pauline van Winsen <pauline@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:32:25 +1100

David wrote:

> I clipped it a bit to fit in the subject.
>
> Hit this link:
> http://www.direct.bigpond.com/proxy/proxy_squid.cfm
> Sorry about the single page, but they have frames running. I'm sure you can figure out where the main site is.

> They have replaced the Squid infrastructure with a new proxy system. I dont know what it is.

they're using (http://www.direct.bigpond.com/proxy/proxy.cfm):

The Big Pond Direct Proxy Caching System comprises high performance
servers and networking
 infrastructure. The combination of Network Appliance® NetCache* (C760
and C720) proxy servers, Alteon
 Layer-4 Ethernet packet switches and Sun Ultra Enterprise servers have
been deployed in high
 availability, fault and load-tolerant distributed clusters work to
provide the high quality of
 service and performance, reduce bandwidth congestion and accelerate
performance. The Big Pond Direct
 Proxy Cache System will, at launch, be able to store 700 Gbps of
information and support 33,000
 simultaneous connections.

don't know about the rest.

cheers,