Telstra says "(squid infrastructure) not Y2K ready"

From: David <dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:57:52 +1100

I clipped it a bit to fit in the subject.

Hit this link:
http://www.direct.bigpond.com/proxy/proxy_squid.cfm
Sorry about the single page, but they have frames running. I'm sure you can figure out where the main site is.

Telstra is australias biggest ISP and ICP.

They have replaced the Squid infrastructure with a new proxy system. I dont know what it is.
I have a nasty suspiscion they were trying to move people onto this system.

I mean it's old news now, but it is still publically visible. Maybe they mean the OS wasnt y2k ok, but i dont know of any unixes that had trouble. Can you even get Squid for NT? (which is supposed to be y2k ok anyway)

Yours truly,
David Nillesen.