Re: Telstra says "(squid infrastructure) not Y2K ready"

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:38:33 +0100

David J N Begley wrote:

> Many other "large organisations" (though obviously not as much traffic as a
> tier-1 provider) are still deploying Squid proxies.

Yea. I have a customer who is looking at deploying a large number of
Squids around the globe, each handling a connection of 2 to 6 Mbit/s. In
this rate range Squid fits quite nicely.

At higher rates other products are selected, both for simplicity and to
keep the number of boxes down. Initial installation cost
(hardware+software) isn't the big issue here. The choice of products is
mostly done using other metrics.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker