Re: Add more ports on Web accelerator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:25:03 +0100

C W CHAN wrote:

> I'm a beginner of Squid. I have read the user guide about the redirector but there
> doesn't mention the port. Will I have to add some resolve in my domain ? Can you
> give me ins and outs?

See the the sections on redirectors in the FAQ and Users-Gude, and
redirect_program in squid.conf.

See also the Squid-users archives for a numerous discussions on how to
set up an combined proxy and accelerator.

My recommendation is to not combine the two functions in one Squid, or
make use of the browsers no-proxy settings.

/Henrik