Re: IP Cache Round Robin

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 22:53:11 +0100

Jim Richey wrote:

> To answer part of my own question, I've found the ipcacheCycleAddr
> function in ipcache.c. Now before I totally destroy something, does
> anyone know what change is needed to only hand out the first IP address
> when an entry has several listed for it? That is don't rotate them.

Remove the calls to that function (or make it a NOP), or change the DNS
server to only hand out the IP address the client (i.e. Squid) should
use?

The round-robin sheduling of IP addresses was introduced as there are
more round-robin DNS servers than load-balancing, and without it a Squid
server would send all users to the same IP for the TTL of the DNS cache
entry.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker