Re: Cannot retrieve some URL

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 10:29:21 -1000

On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 07:08:26PM +0800, Xue Junchao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't know why I couldn't reach some normal URLs? For example:
> http://www.freeservers.com
> http://www.japanesegirls.com (sexual URL, just as an example)
> I also cannot reach http://squid.nlanr.net/Doc/Users-Guide/
> All of these URLs are very normal, there is no special character in them.
> Can you tell me how to resolve it?

They worked for me. (Squid 2.2S5 + patches, running on FreeBSD
3.4-stable, accessed via NS 4.61 configured with proxy.pac file,
non-transparent.)

Try again - maybe you were having some transient network problems? I
know during testing sometimes I've blamed Squid when it turned out to
be the remote site that was down or some network problem in between.
  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
      The named which can be named is not the Eternal named.