Re: Similtaneous connections

From: Martin Svensson <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:18:29 +0200

On 2000-04-20 at 09:03 Martin Brooks wrote:

>At 09:56 20/04/00 +0200, you wrote:
>
>>With these settings it runs very smooth .. during peak hours we have
14-16
>>Requests / sec with ~3000 clients running. Our cache is 14GB.
>
>Hi Martin,
>
>I read your reply to this with interest. I didn't think of tweaking the
TCP
>settings like this. Perhaps your solutions combined with my little hack
>might improve performance a little more. Unfortunately, I no longer have
>the facilities to test this out.

Hi Martin :-)

Well, we had some major problems with our SUN machines as well with very
low performance, especially the throughput when connecting through our
Dial-in service. Tweaking the TCP made some really major performance
upgrade for the users.

This Reiser Filesystem, I think it's in the Suse distribution, but who has
developed it? Suse? Is it working well with good performance?

Martin Svensson
Dep. of Technology
University Hospital of Malmoe
Email: martin@admin.mas.lu.se