Re: DISKD newbie question

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:32:37 +1000 (EST)

Earlier today, Russell Mosemann wrote:

> I don't believe that the people asking the questions are interested in the
> development of Squid, submitting ideas for new features or are reporting
> problem issues.

Then they should NOT be trying to run the DEVEL version. See? Simple.

> However, just because a version of Squid has DEVEL in it's name doesn't
> mean that no questions can be asked about its configuration or its
> operation.

What part of:

  "DO NOT write to squid-users with DEVEL problems."
    - http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/

is ambiguous? Once again:

  "That's straight from www.squid-cache.org. If you have a problem with
  that, complain to the Squid developers."

This is nothing new, this is how squid-users has always been since the
"STABLE" and "DEVEL" (and "PRE" before that) tags were introduced. If you
don't like the list charter, stop merely disagreeing with it and actually
follow the advice above.

dave