Re: Linux Optimization fro Squid proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:45:03 +0200

Sébastien LETARD wrote:

> I want to increase max-file to 32768, max-inode to 3*max-file
> and compile again both the kernel and squid, but I do not know
> if the other parameters are enouhgt ?

There are also a couple of TCP related parameters that might need to be
tuned as well:
  ip_local_port_range increase
  tcp_max_syn_backlog increase
  tcp_fin_timeout decrease

(well, all of them needs tuning if you are running with a high request
ratio like 100+)

You do not have to recompile the kernel for any of these tunings, not
even the inode/file ones. All are done dynamically thru the /proc/sys
interface.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker