Re: Host-header based acceleration

From: Hillel Bilman <hillel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 17:56:29 +0200

Hi

I'm running Squid2.3Stable3 as http accelerator on Solaris 7 Sun 420R
and I now need to get squid based on host headers to accelerate
different sites.

www.y.com --> site 1 ---> log file 1
www.x.com ---> site 2 ---> log file 2

Have you got this to work? and is it possible to get squid to log to
different files depending on host headers?

Thanks, any help appreciated

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:06:52 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:

>I've got a proxy+accelerator running in non-host header acceleration
>mode for multiple servers currently, and things are working pretty well.
>
>Unfortunately there is a need to host a multitude of additional sites,
>so I was looking at using header-based acceleration rather than
>burning an extra address for each one.
>
>When I made the conversion (basically, setting
>
> redirect_rewrites_host_header off
> httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
>
>and commenting out my redirector script [I am using split DNS,
>so the host header will resolve to the actual server at the
>firewall]) things worked "sorta".. initial pages would sometimes
>(but not always) load, but only a few of the graphics, etc..
>
>Most of the back-end servers are IIS v4; Squid is v 2.3.STABLE3.
>
>Related question - is it possible to do IP-based and host header-
>based acceleration concurrently? I doubt it based on what is
>passes to the redirector script (changes from ip to host header
>when httpd_accel_uses_host_header is flipped on).
>
>Any info appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Regards