[SQU] Squid Authentication

From: Ben Mckellar <bmckellar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 11:05:10 +1000

Hi,

I run Redhat 7.0, i have squid running and i wish to run some type of authentication.

I chose NCSA, downloaded the file, noticed it was a tar.gz so executedt the following command:

tar -xzf NCSA_PLUS.tar.gz
cd NCSA_PLUS
make

make: *** No rule to make target `../../include/version.h', needed by `ncsa_auth #This is the error that it spat back at me.
_plus.o'. Stop.

I know this would work if i was running slackware or something, how do i get around this? How do i enable authentication in Redhat? is there an RPM of this somewhere? if so can you please let me know the address =)

Thanx

Ben M