Re: [squid-users] More WCCP woes

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 02:57:28 +0800

All,

I hope that WCCP is still hot topic to be discussed. Most of us got
different symptoms. I made an assumption that may be wrong, please correct
me.

1. Vishwanath Paranjape could get "Here_I_Am" packet but still cannot
redirecting HTTP to Squid
2. Jorge Boncompte seems solve the problem by using IP GRE.
3. Curtis Hays even could not connected his Squid to Router through WCCP
4. I could connect Squid to Router without getting "Here_I_Am" packet and
still cannot redirecting HTTP to Squid.

I am very curious about this problem. Frankly, I am sure that suggestion /
sample from Jan Haluza and Al Blake is very helpful. Unfortunately, we need
more luck to solve the redirection problem.

Now, I am waiting Cisco staff checking my IOS (version 12.0(7)T) about
possibility of bugs to support WCCPv1. If it is negative, I must suspect the
WCCP tunneling (UDP port 2048, isn't it?), that I am really blind what I
should do.

Thx & rgds,

Awie