Re: [squid-users] Re: THANKS ALL .. GREAT IMPROVEMENT

From: khiz code <khizcode@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:58:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi joe
 thanks for all u r help. i must say that ur help and ur tune up
article on squid are the very best and need to be given as a link on
the squid main page
well though i didnt quite understand the need for u r question here
are the details
i am using redhat 6.2 withe kernel 2.2.19 compiled
machine is a dual cpu p2 550 Mhz with 512 mb Ram and 4 scs1 ultra 2
disks at 10K rpm
i had sent in my stats under load conditions ...
could u just comment on the same....
even though squid is serving abt 50 req/sec the response time is ..well
.. could be improved upon .. given the fact that i am connecting to it
via ethernet
here are my start up scripts

echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
ulimit -HSn 16834
echo 64000 >/proc/sys/fs/file-max
echo 128000 >/proc/sys/fs/inode-max
echo 8192 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_max_syn_backlog
echo 1024 65000 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range
echo 100 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout
echo 300 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_sack
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_timestamps

pls do get back.. i do want my squid box to go upto 100 req/sec . i can
throw more Ram at it if reqd

rgds and lots of thanks
khizcode