Re: [squid-users] What kind of directory load balance is this?

From: Brian <hiryuu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 19:57:32 -0400

This is typical with a bucket-style hash. Squid will not move on to the
other buckets until it adequately fills the first one (that 260k is just
the 256 1k directory entries). If you have too many 1st level cache
directories, it may never fill them all. Generally, though, it will
populate them after it has been running for awhile.

        -- Brian