Re: [squid-users] Same problem squid generates more req Please help

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:36:11 -0600

Henrik has already answered your quick_abort question, so I'll just
comment on this:

> When i pink to yahoo.com it shows 5 secs
> if i bypass squid it shows 1-1.5 secs

Squid has nothing to do with pings (I assume pink==ping?). If you are
seeing such a long delay for pings through your Squid box, when using it
as a gateway, the you have routing problems. Squid can't help you there
and no amount of poking at Squid will fix it, you've got to fix whatever
is wrong in the routing table of your OS.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com