Re: [squid-users] Multiple proxies on the same box.

From: Preston Wade <pwade@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 10:33:09 -0600

Thanks much for the reply.

So now I am wondering if I should create a parent proxy that is not
queried by users but queried by the other proxies that the users
query. Does this make sense? I want to have 4 proxies that users
hit. Actually I may need to have 4 different caches because the 4
proxies provide 4 levels of access, but the access is controlled by
another box, based on the source address that the proxy is providing. I
have them all use the same cache then there is a potential that someone
could get to something that has been cache by a proxy with more access.
Maybe I should use the ACL's. Is there a frontend out there that will
allow the management of the ACL's to be done by someone that is not that
farmiliar with editing files in the Unix world.

Thanks in advance for any advice on my situation.

Thanks,
Preston