[squid-users] Squid Hang Problem...

From: Ray Collazo <rcollazo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:44:06 -0700

Hello there!
  I just joined the list after searching the Archives, in hopes that someone may have found an answer to a problem that other people seem to have but have not had a definite solution to correct it:

  I've been running Squid on our linux gateway since March, in conjunction with Dansguardian (for Content filtering). Recently, I upgraded my PERL distribution, and ever since then I've been experiencing random hangs in Squid: It works for a while (A Day, an hour, a week, several weeks), and then for no apparent reason it just stops taking requests, and all my client machines can no longer communicate with it! (No dns, no ftp, no nothing!) The gateway machine is still running fine, after I reboot Squid works fine from there. I look at the logs and there doesnt seem to be any glaring error... Any Ideas of where I should start troubleshooting at?

Ray