[squid-users] RE: Incorrect content being returned

From: Jonathan Levine <jon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:00:35 +0900

Hello again, everyone. I didn't hear much back about this, but I wanted
to let you know about a few more things that we've tried:

- In my original message, I said that we were running 2.4.STABLE7. We
were actually running STABLE6. After upgrading to STABLE7, we saw many
fewer content errors, but still some.
- Last month, we had 6 squids caching the same content. We took about
20% of the content and put it behind its own squid. The lone squid
caching much less content has no errors; the 6 squids caching a little
less content is still producing errors.
- We made no changes to our redirector during this period.

So...

It really seems like we're seeing some problem when the number of
objects behind the cache gets over a million (our 6 squids with errors
have about 600K StoreEntries with a hit rate of about 40%). Has anyone
else experienced something like this? Any suggestions?

-- J