Re: [squid-users] RE: Incorrect content being returned

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:27:31 +0200

Jonathan Levine wrote:

> To answer your question: redirect_rewrites_host_header is off.

Ok, but you seem to be aware of the implications here.. Quite many get bitten
by this by not knowing the effect of redirectors on caching.

> As for the note, we are expecting the squids to cache based on the
> rewritten URL, but in the few cases where we see the error, we're
> getting very wrong results. In these cases, squid often appears to be
> returning a .GIF when a .HTML file is requested.

Then there defenitely is something fishy.

Can you repeat this in a somewhat controlled environment? If so, can you try
to catch the error while Squid is running with debugging enabled? (squid -k
debug)

Warning: "squid -k debug" is not suitable for production environments.. has a
quite noticeable performance impact, and may also affect stability somewhat..