Re: [squid-users] Squid/Network timeout troubleshooting

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 10:55:41 +0200

Did the server respond to ping? If not you almost certainly have a
hardware/kernel problem.

Were you able to login to it and see what processes were running?

100-200 connections per minute is almost nothing for a non-caching
Squid proxy. You should not need to tweak any parameters or much
memory at all (a system with 64MB would probably do fine.. unless if
there is other services on the same server requiring a lot of memory)