[squid-users] 2 req. from client = 2 req. from squid = no caching ?

From: Emmanuel Duros <emmanuel.duros@dont-contact.us>
Date: 29 Jan 2003 17:42:39 +0100

Hi,

I have noticed the following behavior of squid and I am wondering if
this is really normal.

I have 2 clients that request the same document at almost the same time
to the same squid.

The RTT between the squid and the destination server is significant
since the request goes over a satellite link. Therefore, the content
cannot be uploaded to the cache between both client requests.

What I noticed is that squid requests twice the content although both
original requests are identical. However, if the content can be
uploaded before the 2nd client request then squid would deliver the
content and not send another request.

Is there any configuration that would prevent squid from sending 2
identical requests and wait for the first request to be served ?

Thanks