Re: [squid-users] Caching problem - changes to documents are not reflected right aw ay

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 00:00:15 +0200

On Thursday 05 June 2003 22.12, Jairo.Castaņeda wrote:

> But to no avail... the problem keeps appearing... my guess is that
> the clients are caching the files and therefore the changes I made
> in Squid are not working...

Entirely possible.

> Any ideas? Is there anything else I could modify in my squid.conf
> or in the clients?

This kind of problems SHOULD be addressed at the web server to have
the web server include correct information on how long the
document(s) may be cached. See "Caching Tutorial for Web Authors and
Webmasters" <url:http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/> which is an
excellent document on what caching is and how to work with caching
instead of against it.

If there is any Squid proxy administrators who have not read this
document I recommend to spend 30 minutes reading it. You will be much
better position to answer questions about caching after reading this
document, and it is also an exellent document to give to anyone who
wonders why his changes is not immediately reflected.