[squid-users] Squid re-compile scope

From: <jeff.richards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:10:12 +1100

Guys

I need to re-compile Squid to pick up a new system fd limit. As it's in
production, I can't re-compile it there AND I need it to easily fit back
into an existing Solaris package (I know I can re-compile and re-package
the whole thing but I'm trying to keep the scope of the change to a
minimum).

1. If I re-compile the same version of Squid on another machine (same
OS, version etc.), with the correct fd limit, is it sane to just take the
resultant squid binary and replace the one in production (the system fd has
already been raised in production)? Or should I replace other files too?
2. If I do not know the compile options used for the binary currently in
production, would I need to replace anything else in addition to the squid
binary - in case there is a mismatch between options used on the newly
compiled one and the old one?

Regards

Jeff

--