[squid-users] ftp clients trouble: helpme please

From: <andrea_ferraris\@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:39:56 +0100

I've a beautifull squid 2.5.4 server running with gentoo.
It works really well with http and https client requests.
If a client requests an ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/some_RFC_#.txt
the browser displays it without trouble (the address is not
correct because at now I'm not there), but with all other
ftp requests (it is ftp://ftp.gnu.org, ftp://ftp.microsoft.com,
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com) the browser client's can't display the
page and after a long time (about 30-60 seconds) it
give up. From the squid server with an ftp client I can connect
with those sites without trouble. In the squid access logs
I can't see the ftp client request that don't work, they aren't
logged.
I can't understand what's happening, please helpme.

Andrea