[squid-users] Squid Caching and Second Proxy Server

From: James Collins <james.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:04:00 +1000

We currently have 40 odd computers on our network which are connected to the
outside world using a 64k ISDN (ADSL and other technology is not yet
available).

Our business uses a offsite proxy server (which I do not have access to) to
handle outside web requests. Each user is given a username/password to use
this proxy server.

Because of our slow internet connection, I would like to implement a
web-cache system onsite. To do this I would need squid to cache pages (which
is easy to do) but if the page is not cached, I require squid to request the
page thru our outside proxy server using the users username/password.

Can this be done using squid?

--
James Collins
Technical Officer