Re: [squid-users] Re: gzip

From: ohenry <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:17:29 -0700

> > Also Swell Technology claims to have such a patch up for ransom. Does
> > anyone know if their patch is for real and if it works as I described
> > above?
>
> No idea - never heard of the company. I don't know how much they're
> charging, but rather than purchasing that, you (and others who are
> interested) could instead invest the money in sponsoring a Squid developer
> to implement it in Squid proper.

They claim the patch works great and they haven't released it yet b/c
squid 3.0 is in feature freeze. One of the engineers there told me they
are going to release it under the GPL once Squid 3.1 begins.

But they are asking for $400 to gain access to the pre-release patch.

http://swelltech.com/squidgzip/

So in theory it already exist and will be apart of Squid 3.1 very soon
but who knows if these guys are for real. I was really hoping people on
this list would know who they were...