[squid-users] Using a helper program with squid

From: Sasan Dashtinezhad <sasan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:41:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use squid as my proxy, but in a rather weird setup. I need
the HTTP packets to be sent to another connection (not the original
connection from which the request was received) and then read the response
from another connection and send that to the original connection. I.e.,
client sends request to squid
squid connects to original server
squid reads response R
squid sends R to x.y.z:p (somewhere on the Internet) and closes
  the connection when done
squid opens a new connection to x.y.z:p to read the response
squid reads response R'
squis sends R' to client

I know that squid is a powerful tool and can be configured in several
ways. Is it possible for me to do all of this (or something similar) using
the configuration mechanisms of squid? Or do I have to dive into the
source code and try implementing this myself...? (I'm having a feeling
that I might be able to do this using peers.)

Any help is strongly appreciated.

Regards,
--Sasan