Re: [squid-users] help with win 2000 AD integration

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:30:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Mohsin Khan wrote:

> Thats ok, there will be other ways to do it as well,
> but the one I followed is to recompile squid with
> samba source code. Please read this FAQ it may help
> you.

There is no need of Samba when running on Windows. The Windows port
contains native Windows authentication helpers.

On UNIX the approach using Samba is defenitely the way to go for NT Domain
/ AD integration.

For AD it is also possible to use LDAP, but this is a little more complex
to configure and not as dynamic in features provided.