[squid-users] Performance tuning Squid box for ISP traffic

From: Milind Nanal <milindyn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:52:38 +0530

My squid cache (with WCCP2) is running on FreeBSD 5.2 operating system for
an ISP. This is running fine but I want to tune it for better performance.
I have used HP DL 140 hardware with 80 GB IDE hard disk & 512 MB RAM.

1) How do I check the HIT rate of my Squid BOX. Any utility. I have tried
couple of access log analyzer but those are taking long time processing &
scanning the log files ?
2) Any fine tune parameters for better performance rather than using default
values in squid.conf ?
3)would like to explore more on different cache replacement policies LUR,
GDSF, LFUDA which one is suitable of an ISP class SQUID box ?

Regards,

Milind

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, Because Impossible itself says - I'M POSSIBLE