Re: [squid-users] Performance tuning Squid box for ISP traffic

From: Lucia Di Occhi <saint_lucy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:52:55 +0000

I am trying to fine tune (for speed) as well.

>There are lots. depends on whether you want more speed or more bandwidth
>savings.
>
>use Reiserfs for the file-system w/ notail/noatime

Is it really worth using ReiserFS? I mean do you really get all that
performance improvement over ext3?

>Do not use RAID.

Do you mean SOFTWARE RAID? Hardware striping will definately improve
performance.

>make sure your Cache vs. RAM is optimum
>~10MB Ram per 1GB Cache

Where does this formula come from? there is all kind of cache, there is an
IP cache in RAM, there is a RAM object cache, are they taken in account in
this formula?