[squid-users] Facing problems with NTLM authentication

From: Manish Jain <unxfbsdi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:51:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am trying to configure Squid to use NTLM authentication on FreeBSD 6.0. This
is what I put into my squid.conf :

auth_param ntlm program /usr/local/libexec/squid/ntlm_auth
auth_param ntlm children 5
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes
auth_param ntlm use_ntlm_negotiate off

Now when I try to access the web from a Windows client, I simply get an error
message "The page could not be found" in IE. If I remove the 5 lines above and
restart squid, everything works fine.

/usr/local/libexec/squid/ntlm_auth exists and is executable.

The FreeBSD box is also the SMB domain controller and it facilitates domain
logons for our organisation.

What mistake am I making ? If anyone can help get the squid configuration
right, I shall be grateful.

Thank you.

Manish Jain
unxfbsdi@yahoo.com