Re: [squid-users] Purpose of enable-linux-netfilter option.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:33:12 +0200

mån 2006-03-27 klockan 10:05 +0530 skrev Logu:

> But I have squid and linux version (which matches with the FAQ) as follows,
> still I am able to do the transparent caching without any issues.
> The FAQ says "To support netfilter transparent interception on Linux 2.4
> Squid must be compiled with the --enable-linux-netfilter option."

Actually no. Even if it may seem so your setup doesn't work fully.

What does not work without this option is "httpd_accel_host virtual"
which is required for HTTP/1.0 requests without a Host header. Without
the netfilter integration all Squid will see as destination address on
such requests is it's own address, not the real requested address.