Re: [squid-users] Opinions sought on best storage type for FreeBSD

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 09:21:08 -0300 (BRT)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:
> On lör, 2007-08-11 at 15:10 +0545, Tek Bahadur Limbu wrote:
>
>> As far as I know and seen with my limited experience, diskd seems good
>> for BSD boxes. But I guess I have to try other alternatives too.
>>
>> If I opt to use aufs, will the following compilations work?
>>
>> '--enable-async-io' '--with-pthreads'
>
> --enable-storeio=aufs
>
> pthreads is automatically enabled, so no need to specify that. Won't
> hurt if you do however.
>
> If you are on FreeBSD then remember to configure FreeBSD to use kernel
> threads for Squid or it won't work well. See another user response in
> this thread.

Hi
not sure, both thread implementations work well but kernel threads pretend
to be faster. In order to sense it you need some real load on the machine
and I am not sure if there is a difference at all on an UP machine

Michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.