Re: [squid-users] Squid-2, Squid-3, roadmap

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:57:55 +1100

Thanks, Alex -- that's actually quite helpful.

It might be good to have a *little* more process around how ones
sponsors changes in Squid -- whether -2 or -3 -- to assure that
there's coordination between the feature sets, and that the entire
Squid developer community is bought into the changes.

More detail on the roadmap would also be useful; potential sponsors
need more information about what's involved in the changes, what the
risks are, and how long it will take / how much it will cost.

WRT responsible sponsoring: I'm willing to pay a (reasonable) premium
to get the things that I pay to get into -2 into -3 as well, as long
as -3 doesn't block -2 (which AFAICT it wouldn't). I'm not willing to
do that in perpetuity, though.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham       mnot@yahoo-inc.com