Re: [squid-users] What exactly makes accelerator mode faster then transparent mode ?

From: Raemaekers Mark <markraem@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 05:31:59 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Amos,

Suppose that I have to put a WC in front of ONLY ONE
HTTP server and both WC and web server are behind a
load balancer, so the clients will never see whether
traffic comes from a WC or from the server, anyway.

What mode of WC (so transparent or accelerator) will
give me the best performance and why ? Or is there no
difference with respect to performance ?

you mention : "reverse-proxy (or accelerator) -
software that performs many of the service duties of a
'true' web-server"

What web duties can an accelerator WC do, that a
transparent WC cannot do ?

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?