Re: [squid-users] cache_dir (dirty) question

From: Michel \(M\) <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 06:45:37 -0300 (BRT)

Adrian Chadd disse na ultima mensagem:
> On Sun, May 04, 2008, Michel (M) wrote:
>>

>> I never thought so much about this but now it came up. I thought that
>> the
>> cache_dir dirty came when an unclean shutdown ocurred, or better, caused
>> by file corruptions of the underlying FS
>>
>> thing is I am running ZFS and so there are no corrupt files even after
>> power outage
>>
>> why squid still see dirty cache_dirs ?
>
> Its a function of the state of the cache log, -not- of the cache dir as
> a whole.

one more question here

lets say the swap.state is corrupt for any reason I can delete it and
squid should rebuild it correctly right?

so then when I am sure that the cache_dir date is consistent (in my case
by using ZFS) squid never should get into problems if I do so right?

so since squid does this swap.state -> swap.state.new -> swap.state thing
anyway I could change my startup script to delete any swap.state before
starting squid to make sure it is coming up clean, or am I wrong here?

michel

Tecnologia Internet Matik http://info.matik.com.br
Sistemas Wireless para o Provedor Banda Larga
Hospedagem e Email personalizado - e claro, no Brasil.