Re: [squid-users] Squid Scalability

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 09:38:55 +1300

Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Apr 2009, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> Despite many years of asking, few people have ever supplied the squid
>> project with relevant benchmarking info. We depend on volunteers so
>> there are no hard numbers available publicly yet.
>
> Is there a doc stating exactly what benchmarks you want and how to present
> them? I'm sure I could pull some out.
>
> Gavin

AFAIK, measurement factory are working on a more rigorous benchmarking
basis.

For now what we need are the hit/miss ratios and user numbers from Squid
under peak load, and a few other details to guide comparisons.

   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/Benchmarks
details what we are looking for right now and where to locate it.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6