Re: [squid-users] Is it possible to mark tcp_outgoing_mark (server side) with SAME MARK as incoming packet (client side)?

From: Amm <ammdispose-squid_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 15:12:00 +0530

On 03/16/2014 03:02 AM, Andrew Beverley wrote:
> I used (and created) the patch to get the value from the remote server.
> However, I can't remember whether it does it the other way as well (at
> the time I thought I'd written the documentation so clearly, but coming
> back to it now it's not clear...)
>
> From memory, however, you do need to configure qos_flows to *something*,
> to trigger its operation. I think you can simply state "qos_flows mark".

Yes it needs "qos_flows mark", without specifying qos_flows, its not
working. But ...

>> My question however was to pass on mark from client side to server side.
>> i.e. reverse of what above paragraph says.

> As above, it's primarily server to client. Get that working first so you
> know everything is in order, and then try it the other way.

... it works only from server to client. If I CONNMARK server (to squid)
packet, I can see it appearing in log.

If I CONNMARK client (to server) packet its not showing in LOG.

> Let me know what you find out and I will update the documentation! (I
> don't have time to look through the source code right now)

So documentation is right but placement of the statement is possibly
wrong. Its not highlighted right infront. i.e qos_flows applies only for
packets from server to client(squid) NOT from client to server.

Is it possible to do reverse too? Or atleast have an acl where I can
check incoming MARK on packet? So then I can make use of tcp_outgoing_mark.

I just noticed that there was same discussion done in list previously as
well (in 2013), here is the link:

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/201303/0421.html

Regards

Amm