Re: Squid-3.0 release planning

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 07 May 2003 08:42:32 +1000

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 17:40, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

Assuming that a couple of Ayes, and No Nae's means I'm 'it'...

Ok, release planning:

Here is an off-the-cuff outline of the process I'll be following:

*) Finalise the list of to-be-included features.
    HEAD will be feature frozen from this point.
*) Release a snapshot as DEVEL-X and announce on squid-users.
*) Wait a couple of weeks for new bug reports on that - fix and repeat.
*) When we get a fortnight with no new bug reports on a DEVEL snapshot,
branch the code in CVS and release a PRE1 snapshot and announce on
squid-users.
    HEAD will be no longer feature frozen from this point.
*) Give each PRE release a fortnight for bugs, and when we go for a
fortnight with no new bugs, release STABLE1.

I'm not *set in stone* for the above. Comment if there are things you do
/ don't like about the above.

Cheers,
Rob

--