Re: Squid and Web Counters

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 97 10:35:38 +0200

On Monday 7 April 97, at 0 h 37, the keyboard of "Network Administration
- Greg Niemialkowski" <gregn@gncom.com> wrote:

> In our BSDI 2.1 box we have 64M of RAM istalled. We set up Squid to use
> only 8M of RAM right now.
> When I run top utility, it shows that Squid actually uses 25M and system

It should be in the FAQ...

cache_mem indicates only the memory that should be used by Squid for
"hot" objects (frequently requests objets, which are worth caching in
RAM). Real memory consumption is always larger, sometimes three times as
much (it depends on many things. specially on the size of the *disk*
cache because the larger it is, the larger are the data structures which
describe it, structures which are in Squid's memory...).

Use cache manager's "info" to see where memory goes.