Re: Cache in multiple disks

From: Walter Klomp <wklomp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 09:09:47 +0800

Hi,

Basically there is another alternative, if say disk1 has twice the amount
of disk-space as disk2 you create 2 cache-directories on disk1 and 1 on
disk2 and tell squid the total amount of disk-space available and the
directories where to put the cache in, this works for me.

Good Luck,
Regards
Walter

At 09:35 PM 9/16/97 +0200, Oskar Pearson wrote:
>Hi
>

>> Hello:
>> I'd like to know how to tell Squid to use X Mbs of space in, say,
>> /usr/cache1, and Y Mbs in /usr/cache2 (another disk), where the available
>You can't...
>
>Basically the problem is follows:
>
>When you get an object (such as an html page) it will choose a random
>point on the disk (ie it could be in any one of the low level
>directories, and in any of the ones further down). Since this is the case,
>squid would have to check the size of each of the directories before
>it wrote the object... which is a problem...
>
>> space in, for example, /usr/cache1 is bigger than X Mbs. In other words:
>> I want Squid to use two disks, but I'd like to control how many Mbs in
>> each. Do any of you know how to achieve this?
>Use the raid0 stuff, it can handle any size disks (under linux)
>
>Oskar

Walter Klomp,
Systems Manager / Administrator (Internet)
Swiftech Automation Pte. Ltd.
25 Kallang Avenue #05-04, Kallang Basin Ind. Est.
Singapore 339416
Tel. 274 4722 ext. 163 - Fax. 274 4966
e-mail: walter@swiftech.net.sg
http://www.swiftech.net.sg
Very Funny Scotty, now beam up my clothes !!!
                Captain James T. Kirk, Starship Enterprise.