Re: always_direct?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:40:47 +0100

Clifton Royston wrote:

> There's a "gotcha" on this. If Squid starts getting busy, since it
> gets DNS lookups by name, it will not have time to complete them, and
> therefore if it gets requests for a virtual server you run locally
> it'll fetch them and cache them before realizing they're local.

Not on always_direct. It is a fullblown ACL check.

cache_peer_access and no_cache is another issue however. Both are
utterly unreliable if you rely on DNS data.

If you need DNS data in no_cache then I have a patch which makes it
perform a full blown ACL check capable of waiting for DNS data or
whatever may be required.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker