[SQU] Newbie Help

From: <SSmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:23:24 +0100

Hi all,
     i've just started looking at Squid and i need a bit of help. In the
past i've only ever used M$ Proxy with IIS but am looking to change to
Linux running Squid. I'm a bit of a Linux newbie still.
The squid files I have were part of my Redhat 6.2 distro and when following
the Users Guide got stuck at the section about authenticating users with my
NT PDC (using Samba) I know how to use Samba as I have it running as a
fileserver for 150 Win9x PC's.

My real question is this: would i be better downloading the Squid 2.2.x
source code so that the User Guid instructions make more sense (i.e. the
path structure is the same) ??

TIA

--
Stephen Smith,