[squid-users] Problem with FC3 and Squid, Dies by itself.

From: Mantelli, Damián [ACARA] <dmantelli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:01:18 -0300

Hello, after all my SO is Fedora Core 3, and my Squid stable version is Version 2.5.STABLE11

I have a problem in running squid. The squid dies by itself. The 'squid' status is as follows

Squid dead but pid file exists
Squid ERROR: Could not send signal 0 to process <pid>(n) no such process

If we start the 'squid' again, everthing works fine but squid dies again on its own after sometime.
something like this:

[root@gateway ~]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid restart
Stopping squid: [FAILED]
Starting squid: [ OK ]

Some people had this problem, but we are unable to solve this using the solution in mail archives.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance.

ATTe
Damián Mantelli